At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
To design market right apparel products for the adidas NEO Label as part of an international design team in cooperation with marketing and development.
- Be at the global forefront of design trends and innovation and their application.
- Own the creative process to make sure that the final products meet commercial and image objectives.
- Design and execute product, select materials and colour for the international inline NEO range based on the direction from the Senior Apparel Designer and in close cooperation with marketing.
- Ensure good communication with product management and development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design collections (this includes hand sketches, illustrations, technical drawings, colour concepts and coloured sketches, mood boards, merchandizing boards, graphic solutions…)
- Ensure proper handover of sketches into development and / or manufacturer. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as sketches, detail sketches, fabric and trim indication, artworks, etc. Follow up on proto typing and reviewing designs in fittings
- Collect relevant information needed to create international apparel for a global market. This includes all possible sources to gain information:
- Trade publications & trade fairs
- general interest press, trend services, fashion & sportswear magazines, store checks, market visits, team travel
- Conduct trend and travel reports for the design team and present findings to marketing.
- Build/create the seasonal colour card and material palette together with the direction of the Senior Apparel Designer
- Ensure an efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development for all issues regarding the products
- Present the designs internally and help with presentations, which support the launch of products externally.
- Basic knowledge of pattern making and material consumption, fabric and trim usage
- Expertise and knowledge about details such as embroideries, prints, material washing standards
- Excellent communicational skills in English
- Presentation skills to present design concepts internally as well as externally to clearly explain design ideas from concept to finalization
- BA or MA in Fashion / Accessories design or a comparable education
- Advanced computer skills on Apple Mac (Adobe Illustrator, Photo Shop)
- Apparel / Accessories product knowledge
- High level of creativity & commerciality
- Minimum 2 years of experience in apparel design
- Fluent in English
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.