At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Following overall direction from the Design Director, establish the design direction for the basketball category. Maintain and nurture the design direction through communication with the Design team, Development, Marketing and the consumer.
- Ensure that Category Marketing strategies can be implemented throughout Design in terms of performance and aesthetics.
- Provide Design Leadership to Seniors Designers and Designers throughout the design process.
- Work with Marketing to structure design strategy for the US graphics business.
- Work with Development and CRE to find new and more innovative methods of working to improve products and product ranges
- Inspire and motivate teams to pursue cutting edge ideas that are innovative in the market.
- Travel to the market places to get feedback from athletes, retailers, and industry experts and apply to overall design strategy.
- Manage, supervise and provide development opportunities for (his/her) teams.
- Provide designs for key inline projects to show leadership and set a high standard of design excellence
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive industry and consumer trend knowledge
- Functional/Technical expertise in graphics
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels within the organization
- Strong influence and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively present information to large groups
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually and drive design concepts
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priority projects independently.
- Computer skills (Apple Mac, Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign)
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in design
- Seven (7) years related experience and /or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for degree
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.