At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
- This key position acts as a SPOC (Single Point of Contac) between business counterparts (Finance/HR/Legal) and Global IT to drive demands(change/new) and projects through being a professional IT Business Partner, facilitating and interacting with management, users, technical teams and third parties as required.
- This position involves assessing and articulating detailed operational, analytic and executive business requirements to design, deliver and support technology solutions leveraging and consistent with GIT standards.
- Analyse business requirements, operational processes, and data relationships/configurations to sustain operations, align processes across business units/geographies (Asia and HQ), and develop solutions to complex problems.
- Communicate with numerous functional areas and define business requirements related to technology. Facilitate process development and improvement activities.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of focus on responsible functions in a dynamically changing environment.
- Ensure systems supporting the business and operating effectively.
- The person in this position will have key responsibility for global and local projects in the cross functional area such as SAP(FICO) and Business Intelligence applications for planning, forecasting and reporting.
- Responsibilities would be extended to other corporate systems, and other related Global & Local applications if related.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with business customers to understand system needs, to translate business requirements into system solutions, and to propose recommendations for user to consult system related process.
- Capturing and analysing business demands, drawing out business process where necessary.
- Prioritizing business demands and seeing them through to delivery and closure
- Supporting global driven projects where system changes/implementations are involved
- Collaborating and facilitating communication with stakeholders (business counterparts, IT members, global counterparts, external vendors, etc.) where project scope extends across multiple departments
- Managing projects to optimize business processes, to enhance the existing systems and to implement new system solutions, i.e., developing and maintaining business case, project plan, scope, budget and schedule.
- Developing the functional and technical design, configuring systems, system testing, coordinating user testing and support post go-live.
- Defining and implementing governance and structure in demand handling process for system managed under cross-function team
- Proactively seek efficiency in managing entire system landscape
Key Relationships: Key Relationships:
- Internal business counterparts (departments including HR, Finance, IT, and Legal)
- Global IT, country and global (HQ) colleagues, including infrastructure.
- IT vendors, Contractors.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Proven internal customer satisfaction / account skills (relationship and project management).
- Proven business process analysis skills - ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, document findings, draw valid conclusions and propose solutions.
- Strong understanding of business processes in consumer product and manufacturing industries.
- Understanding the importance of working in a matrix (global) organization leveraging technology solutions to solve business requirements and acting effectively within this structure.
- Knowledge of the application deployment life cycle with strong analytical, systems and structured analysis, and social skills and with the ability to view issues and requirements from a business perspective.
- Project management knowledge and experience, including developing and maintaining project plans, providing regular communication, coordination, problem resolution and undertaking strong budget administration.
- Identify and propose opportunities for improvement.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with management, internal customers, GIT colleagues and direct reports. (both English and Japanese)
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of business via phone, written communication and in person.
- A strong communicator with ability to create, plan and deliver presentations with confidence.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 10 years of progressive experience as a system consultant in a global organization is highly desirable.
- Minimum 3-5years of extensive experience in troubleshooting and managing user expectations
- Strong commercial awareness within the consumer products/retail industry desired over a 3-5 years period is highly preferred.
- Strong written communication abilities with fluent written and spoken Japanese and English.
- Solid experience in a combination of systems implementations and system operation support with understanding of business practices, such as key KPIs, in the retail / apparel / fashion industry.
- Must be an energetic and detailed-oriented person.
- To act in a pro-active, strategic manner.
- Pro-active mind-set to support the team and end users
- Pro-active mind-set to understand the "un-known"
- Ability to be self-directed while working under deadlines
- Ability to articulate and present issues and solutions
- Ability to identify problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Strong communication (written and verbal) in both English and Japanese
- Project management skill
- Ability to capture demands and transfer them into IT specifications/designs and documentations
- The preferred technical experience/knowledge is:
- SAP Financials
- Business Intelligence Applications (i.e. MicroStrategy)
- Experience/knowledge in the areas below is a plus:
- SAP MM (Material Master) & SD (Sales Distributions)
- MS SharePoint
- K2 Workflow
- Windows Server, Oracle, SQL Server
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.