At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
We believe that through Sport, we have the power to change lives. To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers and the best way to accelerate building direct relationships is through Digital. Therefore, the primary purpose of our engineering teams is to engage with our customers in order to deliver the highest possible value for them. This customer serving view is a vital activity for all product teams within Digital IT. Each product team wants to enlighten our customers with the best possible consumer journey as well as by providing innovative ways of engaging with them. The teams implement and deliver world class solutions and tackle the toughest engineering challenges while focusing on the customer, quality and time to market.
Because of its customer centric and quality focused view, Software Engineering team members require excellent development skills, commitment and a real passion to provide the best possible customer experience. People who understand software engineering from the ground and who are driven to apply best practices in order to have outstanding results.
Systems Development & Integration
- Systems Design
- Undertakes complete design of simple applications using simple templates and tools.
- Assists as part of a team on design of components of larger systems.
- Produces detailed designs including for example: physical data flows, file layouts, common routines and utilities, program specifications or prototypes, and backup, recovery and restart procedures.
- Translates and implements simple development project requirements into physical database structures.
- Assesses proposed changes to object and data structures and implements these changes in physical databases.
- Assists in database management system support activities for operational database systems.
Programming / Software Engineering
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents simple programs, or scripts and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communications system.
- Defines test conditions for given requirements.
- Designs test cases and creates test scripts and supporting data, working to the specifications provided.
- Interprets, executes and records test cases in accordance with project test plans.
- Analyses and reports test activities and results.
- Identifies and reports issues and risks.
- Produces software builds from software source code.
- Conducts tests as defined in an integration test specification, records the details of any failures, and carries out fault diagnosis relating to simple failures, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
Porting / Software Configuration
- Assists in the configuration of software and equipment and the systems testing of platform-specific versions of one or more software products.
- Documents faults, implements resolutions and retests to agreed standards.
Service Design, Transition & Operations
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications.
- Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
Agile way of working
- Become part of empowered and autonomous teams which are highly customer centric
- Work with agile methodologies like Scrum/Kanban
- Feel ownership for the products you are working on
- Be highly collaborative
- Work closely with the customer
- Deploy early and regularly to incorporate feedback and to constantly improve the products
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- English language (fluent)
- Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed
- Maintaining focus on agreed objectives and deliverables whatever the circumstances.
- Understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
- 4-year college or university degree with focus on Information Technology or related area. Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 0 – 1 years of related work experience
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.