At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance in the Organization
•Support retail team in meeting and exceeding retail sales and profit targets
•Manager and deliver communications for Field Operations and store teams
•Coordinate and implement global retail and service initiatives
- Manage communication tools (CORP etc) to cascade key actions and focuses to Field Operations and store teams – including weekly communications to all concepts.
- Innovate and trial new ways to communicate to Field Operations and store teams to improve communication delivery.
- Coordinate communication of key projects and launches within DTC and be responsible for onward communication to Global.
- Country champion for CEI – liaising with Global, and communicating and supporting operations and store teams delivering CEI. Working with training team to develop and CEI store champions.
- Create and send communications to confirm brand standards, supporting stores and Operations team with Best Practice processes to support delivering brand standards (front and back of house).
- Communicate Most Valuable Player (MVP) service contest, and share best practice with store teams.
- Ensure compliance to established HR policies and procedures.
Self-Learning and Talent Management
- Brand Ambassador, consistently exhibiting the Brand Attitude and Values.
- Complete all applicable training programs and effectively apply the learning on the job.
- Seek coaching and learning opportunities to continually improve performance
- Support a high-performance culture by setting clear expectations, analysing performance and giving appropriate and prompt feedback.
- Establish a succession plan, and performance management process to ensure that established standards are consistently delivered.
- Support planning, management and facilitate all Operations and Store Manager meetings
Service and Selling Culture
- Champion CEI within retail team, ensuring that Field Operations and store teams are using the latest Global training tools and behaviours to deliver a consistent consumer experience.
- Partner with HR Training Team to direct and support retail training programme, ensuring that training programme is supporting retail objectives and goals.
- Plan and manage CEI Champions meetings to share best practice.
- Manage Mystery Shopper Programme to ensure that programme effectively evaluates consumer experience, sharing results and best practice with Field Operations team and stores improve standards.
- Launch and manage Experience NPS into the Japan market.
- Innovate, develop and manage store competitions to drive motivation, improve standards and raise sales.
- Manage partner discount programmes, renewing programmes as agreed and ensuring the store teams are fully aware of the latest programmes and know how to manage discount process in store.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Entrepreneurial – results and profits orientated.
- Consumer focused mindset.
- Ability to analyze data quickly and provide clear recommendations on actions.
- Detail and process orientated.
- Confident and clear communication style (verbal and written).
- Confidence to communicate and influence with wide range of stakeholders.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ store, Field operations or Retail Back Office experience.
- Fluent in Japanese (verbal and written), ideally also proficient in English.
- Detail orientated.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Retail Back Office Team
- Field Operations Team
- Store teams
- Omnichannel team
- Merchandising Team
- Visual merchandising Team
- Marketing Department
- Store Development Team
- HR (Training, Talent Development, Benefits, Recruitment)
- Loss Prevention Team
- FP&A Team
- IT Department
- Global Sales Team
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.