This is a Supervisory role responsible for managing process and product quality for Taylor Made accessories. Under this individual’s supervision, a team of quality technicians will help define and enforce dimensional and cosmetic quality criteria. In additional to Quality Control duties, this role is responsible for a high degree of coordination with the Product Development group based in the US.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Implement process quality control systems throughout supply chain.
- Implement statistical sampling measures as required for all accessories and raw materials.
- Implement and manage performance KPIs with suppliers
- Manage team of QC personnel (Training, development, day to day assignments)
- Coordinate new product sampling process with suppliers & development team
Education, Training, Professional Certification and Work Experience:
- B.S./B.A. in relevant business area
- Minimum 7 to 10 years’ experience managing quality (Same or similar industry and manufacturing environment)
- 3-5 years in a supervisory-manager capacity
- Experience working with Statistical Process Controls tools
- Experience working with quality sampling processes (AQL)
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Ability to communicate in English and Chinese
- Above average data management skills (Excel- Power point)
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows or equivalent)
- Knowledge of golf bag, headwear fabrication and processing is desired
- Ability to play leadership role in a cross functional team environment (communicate clearly and hold others accountable for deliverables)
- Conflict Management
- Ability to effectively present data/ proposals to various levels of Management.
- Ability to collaborate with suppliers drafting win-win systems that yield target quality levels while helping suppliers maintain a cost effective operation.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
The above Essential Duties & Responsibilities list includes those duties and responsibilities for which the position exists and which must be satisfactorily performed in order to be successful in the position. However the job description is not intended to be an all inclusive listing of work requirements.