At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
- Establish and maintain IT governance structure with adidas Emerging Market process owners to resolve issues and prioritize enhancement requests in support of adidas strategic direction.
- Manage & enhance the applications landscape in the areas of DTC functions including the POS for Own retail & franchise business. Work with local India IT Owner of POS & DTC applications, work on SAM rollouts for EM; eComm application instances (global demandware platform from DBC) and integrations for the same in Emerging markets. Manage DTC Operations and warehousing applications, HR & Legal application areas.
- Ensure that the systems under the responsibilities meet the SLAs and are stable and serves the purpose in minimal costs.
- Application responsible for sample management system for EM working in collaboration with Frik who has brand related application accountability.
- Maintains information technology strategies by managing staff; researching and implementing technological strategic solutions.
- Identify and steer adidas Emerging Market demand to GIT in a timely and comprehensive manner and ensure business requirements are clearly articulated and documented
- Leverage, recommend and implement Global Solutions/Functions whenever and provide training where necessary.
- Ensure business requirements are clearly articulated in functional specification documentation, including Requests for Change (RFC), project charter/capital requests (CAR), new application discovery phase requirements and feedback on existing Market / HQ application gap assessments.
- Accountable for project delivery of applications or technology in time & budgets.
- Manage personnel and outside contractor(s) as required.
- Establish budget with user approval and monitor actual charges in line with work performed. Accountable to operate within annual budget.
- Where required, to provide leadership, welfare and coaching to your team.
- Internal business customers in eComm & Group functions for EM and DTC for India.
- Global IT, market and global (HQ) colleagues, Vendor partners
- Internal staff - direct reports (where applicable)
- IT vendors, contractors (where applicable)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- This Manager will employ interpersonal and organizational skill sets and must have the ability to work both independently with limited oversight and collaboratively across multiple projects. S/he must be highly motivated and able, with his/her knowledge of adidas systems, to apply that knowledge within an interdisciplinary environment. This Manager must have facilitative capacities for clear and timely communication to support collaborative enterprises among distinct units.
- Proven business process analysis skills - ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, document findings, draw valid conclusions and propose solutions.
- Strong understanding of leading POS solutions including LS retail, Process modelling & process management of store operations & other DTC areas, Financial aspects of POS + Store inventories & various integration aspects of DTC applications in overall architecture, SAM suite, eComm demandware & integrating systems (understanding). Knowledge of NPS and HR solutions.
- Knowledge of the application deployment life cycle with strong analytical, systems and structured analysis, and social skills and with the ability to view issues and requirements from a business perspective.
- Ability to manage and lead effectively in a team environment, coordinating multiple tasks in parallel. Very strong on service management skills & ITIL trained.
- Very strong Project management skills and experience in waterfall, iterative and agile methodology. Person should be certified scrum master and trained in cloud tech.
- This individual must be highly focused and one who can motivate multiple teams to maintain progress toward project milestones while anticipating potential barriers and suggesting creative solutions.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of business via phone, written communication and in person.
- Management and leadership skills.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- A sound understanding of current IT principals is essential for this role.
- Experience of working within an IT Business Solutions, Relationship Management or Consultative capacity is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT and a minimum of 5+ years working experience in IT Operations, project management or a related field is highly desirable.
- Strong commercial awareness in Sales & Marketing applications including CRM within the consumer products/manufacturing industry desired.
- Strong written communication abilities with fluent written and spoken English.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.