At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
This incumbent, reporting directly to the Legal Director – Wholesale & Digital, will act as an independent legal advisor in relation to any and all kinds of legal matters and issues in the operations of digital business in aChina as may be assigned to him (or her) by the line manager. He (or She) will also participate in different projects of growth and expansion of aChina digital business where appropriate.
- Providing legal supports & advices for daily operations of aChina digital business as assigned, including reviewing and commenting on content to be posted on websites and platforms operated by aChina.
- Assisting customer service team in handling consumers’ complaints, governmental inquiries and other similar matters in connection with aChina digital business.
- Handling disputes and litigations, including: gathering and reviewing facts and information, providing preliminary opinion on exposure and downside risk assessment, recommending a path to resolve the disputes, and overseeing necessary execution in order to ensure that disputes are resolved in a manner that best represents the company's interests. Working with outside counsel where appropriate.
- Designing, developing and delivering legal and compliance trainings, and working with relevant stakeholders to formulate and implement appropriate standards and processes when needed.
- Participating in company’s digital projects and assisting in the commercial transactions in China if any as assigned by the line manager.
- Communicating with management, specialists in the home office in Germany and regional HQ in HK and third parties to facilitate day-to-day work and planning related to eCom / digital business.
- Customer Services
- Non-trade Purchasing
- Project Management Office
- External consumers
- Strategic Planning
- Group Legal
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate of a recognized law school either in China or abroad and admitted as a member of the legal profession in China or abroad
- At least 3 years’ experience either in the legal department of a multinational corporation or a law firm with an international practice
- Experience in eCom and FMCG, sports company or retail industry is preferred
- Good knowledge of the Chinese legal system and the main laws (e.g., civil laws, company laws etc.) as well as law relating to eCommerce business, judicial system and experience in dealing with litigation cases in arbitration and courts.
- Must be willing to participate in a team oriented, consensus-building environment. Have potential of managerial skills.
- Must be fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese (speaking, reading and writing). Have good communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and responsive.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of post-qualified experience in legal
- Confident and mature
- Team player who can work effectively under pressure and with limited guidance
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.