At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Provides professional level HR support to the HR Manager as well as store Team Leaders. Areas of support include talent management, recruitment, employee engagement, compensation, training, on-boarding, and maintenance of personnel records, systems, and projects. Partners closely with HR Specialist, HR Manager, and store leadership team to ensure HR programs are implemented and supported thoughtfully and in accordance with adidas Group policy.
- Build alliances with management and establish a valuable consultative role within the organization at all levels within the business to ensure HR initiatives, programs, and policies are fully understood and implemented.
- Establish HR as a trusted business partner and ensure HR initiatives, programs, and policies are fully understood and implemented thoughtfully within the line of business.
- Assist and be an active participant in the implementation and rollout of any performance management initiatives.
- Consistently educate employees on Company policies and procedures
- Solve routine problems in HR in partnership with the HR Manager: take initiative to propose modifications in process, policies, and systems as appropriate
- Provide an ear and be a coach to employees to help them navigate job issues, career development and answer general questions regarding HR programs and policies.
- Assist in the process of tracking key information pertaining to succession planning, turnover trends, market compensation and employee relations
- Assist in identifying potential Affirmative Action and ADA accommodations to escalate to the HR Manager.
Talent Acquisition/ Development
- Partners with HR Manager on any recruitment initiatives for the development and execution of the store’s staffing plan to ensure a consistent pipeline of candidates at all levels
- Manage the onboarding process including implementing plans for each employee in partnership with the rest of the HR and store leadership teams.
- Take on the role as brand ambassador for the store and the brand to ensure all knowledge delivered to the NYC Flagship candidate pool is in line with company standards, descriptions, and updates.
- Ensure all recruitment, sourcing, and interviewing efforts are in line with company standards.
- Maintain an updated and organized pipeline of in market candidates through in person field recruiting efforts in partnership with the HR Manager
- Remain current and knowledgeable in job board trends and neighboring recruitment events.
- Host recruitment events in store to ensure a healthy pipeline of candidates is sustained.
- Partner with the HR Manager to manage the full cycle recruitment process from start to finish (i.e. candidate screening, interviewing, background checks, etc.)
- Assist with the implementation and delivery of any interviewing and recruitment training’s being held in the store
- Consistently assess talent needs in the building through partnerships with the leadership team and the HR Manager.
- Ensure a best in class candidate experience throughout the entire recruitment cycle, through consistent check in’s, status update communications, and interview preparation conversations with candidates.
- Maintain relationships with outside agencies, education facilities, and job boards to ensure an active presence in market.
- Assist in ensuring all staffing goals are consistently met in partnership with the HR Manager
- Liaise with HR Specialist to assess the staffing needs of the building through reporting and systems initiatives.
Training/ Learning Development / Onboarding
- Assist in driving development through quarterly touch bases, quarterly performance standard, talent and succession discussion and SHINE activities in partnership with the HR Manager.
- Identify employee development opportunities and implement education and training tools, resources and partners to promote an efficient running store with best in class service.
- Provide, coordinate and deliver training on a regular basis for the store that are in line with company directives, policies, and initiatives.
- Assess the NYC Flagship retail training strategy on service, sales and products in alignment with the adidas Group directives and standards.
- Create and utilize both internal and external resources to enhance training modules to improve business efficiencies.
- Manage full cycle training initiatives and coordination including scheduling, reservations, and coordination for all attendees.
- Partner with the store management team to ensure on the floor team trainings are implemented into the business.
- Partner with other in market trainer’s in neighboring stores to maintain and implement best practices.
- Manage the training and onboarding of all new employees in the store in partnership with the management team and HR Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to establish a strong rapport and professional credibility with individuals in order to influence at all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- Must possess strong conflict resolution skills.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to assess data, facts, and figures used to develop strategies designed to improve the business and see hidden problems.
- High degree of understanding in retail sales drivers, financial reports and retail business acumen
- Comfortable operating under high workload and juggling competing priorities.
- Advanced MS Office Skills and ability to learn and understand database concepts (SAP).
- Ability to function independently and problem solve with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Excellent influence, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, follow-up and creative solution generation skills
- Bilingual preferred
- Four year college or university degree, preferably with emphasis in Human Resource Management, Business or related area
- Minimum of 2 years HR Specialist or related experience
- Previous HR experience in a larger, corporate structure; matrixed company environment preferred
- Prior experience working with Retail with a focus on training and/or recruitment highly preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.