At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
As part of the Brand Activation Visual Excellence team this position will lead training and coaching of adidas own retail Visual Merchandising teams within a geographic area to meet or exceed global visual merchandising standards. This position supports the entire Visual Excellence team by implementing global training tools to help drive a premium and consistent execution of visual merchandising standards in our NAM doors.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Global and NAM Visual Merchandising to gather content and plan visual merchandising tools to drive key product launches and execution in market
- Execute visual merchandising onboarding and ongoing curriculum for assigned region in partnership with the Retail Training team, ensuring a unified message
- Travel from store to store to identify training gaps; partner with Visual Excellence Area Managers to develop targeted training plans by store
- Adapt global tools and resources to the local market in order to deliver impactful and comprehensive visual training programs
- Create reports covering visual and competitive activities to ensure executional excellence at retail in brand management, asset management and consumer presentation
- Focus on improving sell-through of adidas footwear, apparel and accessories through visual merchandising excellence
- Participate in visual creative projects including, but not limited to meetings, conferences, and store openings
- Continually exhibit a fresh and creative perspective that will position the Visual Excellence team among the best in retail
- Responsible for ensuring tools provided by corporate Visual Excellence team are being trained within the stores; validate learning by in-store follow-up, reporting, and collaboration with Visual Excellence Area Manager
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of Visual Merchandising and a visual eye that incorporates the brand aesthetic and strategies
- Proven passion for visual merchandising
- Knowledge of retail landscape, training methods, visual merchandising, retail marketing and presentation
- Strong project management and planning skills. Highly organized with demonstrated follow through capabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of profit and loss statement and store KPIs to make commercial decisions based on sound financial judgment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead discussions in diverse groups of varying size
- Ability to think conceptually, in strategic terms and diagnose and translate sales/category reporting to an in-store training strategy
- Knowledge of customer service principles and processes
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment with the ability to inspire and motivate a team to achieve established objectives
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel: Estimated at 60%
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Education/Training or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant Retail, Marketing and/or Product Training experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years of in-store visual merchandising leadership experience required, preferably in a multi-store capacity
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.